Thursday, March 24, 2011

Quilts for the Nursery at Church

Well, I'm at work so I can't pull up any pictures to post but I can do that when I get home later.  I'm making  much needed quilts for the nursery here at church.  I've got about 14 or more ready to quilt and just finished the second one.  So hopefully this week end I'll be able to quilt several and then I can sit back and stitch the binding on when I'm here.  (In between work that is.)  When I get home today I'll try to remember to take some pictures, thinking of it and doing it are two different things.  I think about it here but when I get home I tend to forget, so I just wrote myself a little note.

I'm also on a Yahoo group that has been making hearts to swap.  What we do is, each month everyone makes one heart and then there is a name drawn to see who gets them that month.    Of course then that name is taken out of the drawing and she draws the next winner.  This month Rose Anne won the hearts so she will pick next months winner.  Pretty cool huh?  We're going to do a second round of it, so we'll all have enough to make a wall hanging or something we'd like to do with them.

Ok, it's back to work, so I've written myself a note to take pictures when I get home.

Have a great day and a great week end!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Candi, i love the background on this blog! WHERE did you get it!

Can;t wait to see the nursery quilts....you have about HOWMANY that are already finished and delivered...you have made so many!

KTJ

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Wow you have been busy! Enjoyed viewing your blog. Had to chuckle when you said how many quilts you have after all of the years of quilting. I had bought a Millennium long arm machine 11 years ago thinking that I can now quilt my own quilts on it, but with the money invested in it, I had to go into business to justify the expense. So do I have any quilts on my beds? NOPE! lol And when I have had a chance to quilt mine, it has been for a give away too.