Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Angel Here On Earth

I'm here to tell you about a very dear friend of mine.   We'll call her Victoria.  Ovarion Cancer struck her two years ago.  That wasn't bad enough, after a complete hysterectomy her stay in the hospital was extended to almost a year and a half.  She had heart complications on four occasions due to reaction to med's.  She had four or five severe infections brought on by bacteria she contracted in the hospital., not to mention all the complications brought on from all of that.  Victoria also had four blood clots that had to be treated that were life threatening.  Since she has been home, she's been back to the hospital several times with various complications, and on top of that, she's on her second round of chemo therapy.

She has good reports right now and two more treatments left.  The thing that has absolutely amazed me, is that at her worst time, she managed to keep a positive outlook.  She has been as much a support to her friends as they have been to her. 

When we talked the other night, I told her I had to go in for a biopsy after something showed up on my Sonogram.  She said to me,  "I know I can tell you don't be scared, but you will be, I know I can tell you not to worry but you will, but what I CAN tell you is look at me.  I'm still alive:)"  That was the most supportive thing I've  been told.  I've had friends say it's nothing, and those that have been very supportive.  I know it's probably a minor thing and at this point I'm not reeally too worried about it.  I'll save that for after the biopsy:) 

Victoria has always been there beside me through thick and thin for almost 60 years.  We've been together since grammar school, divorce and up to now.  I have to tell you, she's been my Guardian Angel here on earth.  There no matter what, and GUESS WHAT?  She has hair again:)

No comments: