Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Got It Done in spite of things



There's a story behind this quilt I made for Barbara. It was a long time in the making for starters and then when I sent it to the quilters it came back with puckers, pleats and the back completely uneven. As big a difference as 3 inches on one end to 6 inches on the other. In my hysteria, between Susan Nixon and my DH they got me calmed down. lol I went ahead and "undid" where I could and did the binding with the intent of giving it to Barbara with the story of what happened. Then making her a new one. Well bless her heart, as she opened it and I was telling her what happened, she kept saying no she didn't want another one she wanted only this one. lol :) Friends are so amazing, no matter how flawed an item or WE are they love us anyway. What a wonderful Christmas present she gave me. (that's Barbara standing next to the quilt:) )
We had a great time all day with the family and of course ate till we couldn't move and will be eating left overs the rest of the week. I hope everyone's Christmas was as good as mine and hope we're all looking forward to a very very Happy New Year.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That is one big quilt! So, you had to fix it after it came back from the quilter's? Looks good from where I'm sitting! lol

Susan said...

Finally, Blogger is letting me on! The picture looks great! The best part is . . . it's finished and out of the house!

Steph said...

Hi Candi, I am new to the ring and wanted to intro myself and say your quilt is beautiful and your friend sounds like a real sweetheart!

Lindy from Indy said...

Hi Candi - I knew Barbara would love your quilt, just the way it was!!! She had to - full of your love, talent and best wishes!! Later, lady! Lindy